Saturday, May 23, 2009

What’s Really Important

As daddy and I shared breakfast this morning, I asked him why everyone is mad at Michael Vick. I mean every time I watch ESPN in between naps that’s all they talk about

Dad says its not that they are mad at him.  He says that he did a bad thing and people disagree on how he should be punished.  Problem is, daddy says, is that he has already been punished.

“Jack”, daddy says,”athletes are not role models. They get paid to play a game. Its to bad that people expect them to be more than they are.”  He says that the main problem he has with the whole Michael Vick saga is that he has already been punished and there are more important things to worry about in football. When I asked him what that was, he smiled and said “ They have to figure out who is going to play for Cincinnati when the whole team is in jail.”

No comments:

Post a Comment