Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fathers

Sorry I haven’t written in a while, but I’ve been teething.  Anyway Father’s Day just passed and since I am only one I haven’t had many sports memories with my dad to speak of.  So I asked him what were some of his favorite sports memories with Papa.

He said there were a bunch but these were his favorites:

He said Papa took him to his first Braves game at the old Fulton County Stadium.  He was 16 years old and the first view from the centerfield tunnel was about the greatest thing he had ever seen.  It was the last game of the 1993 season and the Braves won.  After the game they got to stay and watch the Dodgers beat the Giants on the big screen at the stadium.  The Braves then came out on the field to celebrate their third straight division crown.

Another story was from his senior year in high school. He said that he went to Orlando with Papa and his Papa to watch his high school play in a football game.  It was raining that day so they all had to wear ponchos. He said his Papa was a short round man that didn’t show a whole lot of emotion. He said they all sat there in the stands and him and Papa cheered.  But he said his Papa just sat there with a pom pom in his hand and didn’t move.  He says to this day it is still one of the funniest sights he had ever seen.

He says there are more stories and as I grow up he will try to tell me all of them.

I love you Dad

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment